Saturday, September 22, 2012

We are continuing to work with Bonnie Blue on taming the monster in the orchard.  Robin or I will take her out by calling her out of her stall and walking to the orchard.  She immediately starts to graze and our job is to horse sit.  We usually take something to read  with us.  This week I invented a new game with her.  After she settled  in and started to graze away from me, I try to sneak back to the house.  I was walking back slowly and she start after me by heading around the right  side of one of the pecan trees so I moved to the left of the tree to hide and she stopped and came around the left of the tree. Playing hide and seek with a 800 pound (and gaining) horse is a little bizarre but it made me giggle. Now I don't think I will try to play tag with her.  

She is continuing to gain weight and her coat is now the color of a new copper penny.  Some people would pay good money to have that hair color. 

She continues to hold the right fore leg up when she doesn't want to do something, like come out of her stall.
Drama Mama in spades. This week Robin and I went to a class and didn't get home until after 8 PM.  Guess who was in the mean scary orchard.  You got it.  So as my friend Cheyenne Johnson used to say, "Something  wrong with this picture."

I have found a trainer in Hattiesburg, Ms Vernell Falgout. When I spoke with her she said that she would come out and see Bonnie Blue.  I'll be calling her this week and setting up an appointment.  Maybe she can understand this Drama Mama.  

No comments:

Post a Comment